Sunday, July 13, 2008

Blah. Again.

Still nothing much going on in my life. Same old job -- never heard anything after that interview. Same old school, albeit I don't have to go to the campus very often this summer. Same housing situation. Same medical crap. Blah.

I've joined a new (to me) group on Ravelry -- Swap on a Budget. The limit is $20, not the $60 or so that I've seen for other swaps, so this is doable for me. I bought my spoilee's yarn today, though I'm not telling what it is, just in case she's reading this. I know that a couple of people in the swap are working hard on finding out who has their name. Wouldn't want to make it easy for them to eliminate me from their potential spoiler list(s). It's beautiful stuff though, and so soft. Definitely petable. I've got the other stuff that I'm sending, too. All that's left is to finish the handmade item(s), currently about 60% completed.

I've been playing around a little with my camera, trying to get a good picture of Lilac, perhaps to post here. Unfortunately, she hasn't been cooperating, or the camera hates her, or the lights in the house hate all of us, or something, because she inevitably looks possessed or like a cardboard cutout in the pictures. I'll keep working on it though. I don't like not having access to any snapshots of her. (My mom does have some, but they're stored in the great Somewhere.)

Off to knit another traveling scarf now. This yarn isn't quite as squishy, but it's still nice, and it matches Every. Single. Yarn. that's already in the scarf. I didn't think that was going to be possible.

No comments: