Friday, April 17, 2009

All Caught Up!

I've joined another Mystery Sweater Knit-along for Warm Woolies, and as of yesterday morning, I was all caught up!


Of course, the Week 1 section was 2 non-swatches -- so-named because most knitters (including me!) hate to swatch, but swatches are/can be important. So this pattern has you make 2 swatches that later become integral parts of the sweater. In some mysterious fashion. Well, it is a mystery sweater knit-along.

This week's section is 12.5 inches of the body, which is 144 stitches around. I think I might be running behind again.

2 comments:

Wiz ~ said...

Cool. Will you gets pics of the final project? Must be fascinating to see how they all come together.

Beccaie said...

I'm sure I'll be taking pics all through the process. The pattern is definitely interesting -- this week we cast on, do 10 rows of garter stitch, 8 or so inches of stockinette, and then 2 inches of ribbing. Then we bind off. I'm wondering if the cast-on edge is actually the middle of the chest, and the ribbing is the bottom edge of the sweater. The suspense is fun. :)