Thursday, August 6, 2009

Question 9

9) What is my favorite season?
a) Spring
b) Summer
c) Fall
d) Winter
e) Doesn't really matter to me.

I know, I know, I'm late this week. In my defense, I was hardly able to touch my computer on Thursday and Friday *twitch* since my mom had commandeered it for an online renewal course for her chemo certification. *twitch* I'm still suffering some withdrawal symptoms, even though I've got it back today. *twitchtwitch*

My sweater progress also suffered from this separation, as the patterns are all stored on my beloved computer, (my printer having long since given up). Normally it's easier to deal with the patterns on the screen anyway, but it does have its downside. I have finished one sleeve on the WW MKAL2 sweater (the aqua one). One more sleeve and some seaming, and it will be finished. I haven't worked on the WW MKAL3 sweater (red) at all this week, but I haven't posted a picture of it at this stage yet, so it's in the group shot, as well. I'm up to the sleeves clue on that one, as well. The dark green is the WW MKAL1 sweater, never before seen on the blog in this incarnation (yarn). I'm still working on Clue 1 for that one. The purple bit is the start of another pair of Potato Chip Socks, in a larger size this time. I'm using 3 strands of wool because it's the free wool that Warm Woolies will send (if you meet their Yarn for Volunteers requirements), and these skeins are somewhere between sport and worsted weight. (Meaning that one measuring system tells me it's sport and another says worsted.) Three strands seems to be the same approximate thickness as all the other PCSocks that I did with the recommended 2 strands of worsted, so they should be okay.


Answer to Question 9: Spring. Summer is right out -- all that heat and humidity. Blech. Winter can be lovely (I even enjoy the "character builder" days ... as long as there aren't too many in a row), but snow does make things more difficult, so it's not my favorite either.

Spring and Fall both have the transitional weather that I like (temperatures, amount and type of precipitation). For a long time, I used to say that Fall was my favorite, because the coming of Fall meant relief from Summer and its yuckiness. However, for the past several years, I've been enjoying Spring more, even with Summer looming at the end of it. Part of it is that, as my mobility issues have increased, getting around in the winter is more and more difficult. Fall provides relief from Summer, but Spring now provides relief from Winter. Spring has looming Summer; Fall has looming Winter. The more trouble I have in the Winter, the happier Spring makes me -- and this past year in particular gave me a troublesome Winter.

Fall has also lost ground as I've come to violently dislike the Fall and Winter holidays. I was never much of a fan of Thanksgiving. I no longer like Christmas at all. And Halloween has all those kids. *shudder* (I live with 2 cats. I have a cane. I'm practicing my yells of "You young whippersnappers." Soon I'll be a card-carrying member of the Old Fogey Association. I'm sure they'll be happy to waive the age requirement.) True, Spring has Easter (of which I am also, shockingly, not a fan), but at least that holiday has the decency to appear on its own, not as part of a gang.

So, Spring it is.

(These questions are coming from my "How well do you know Beccaie Jamieson?" quiz on Facebook. Thus far, the high scores are 35% among my friends, with my sister scoring 74%. I'm bringing the questions to my blog in the hopes that some more people will get to know me better.)

2 comments:

Barb_in_GA said...

Glad you got your computer back! I'd begun to wonder where you'd gotten off to.

Not a fan of summer either, though I'll happily welcome all of the others as long as they have the common decency to come and go as planned. Rather like houseguests, seasons that outstay their welcome are tiresome.

My favorite holiday (Independence Day) is smack in the middle of summer. Makes it easier to tolerate the heat and bugs.

Love ya!

KD Sarge said...

Here in Tucson, I like winter. Were I near Chicago, I don't think I would. ;)

Fall fills me with a wanderlust so sharp it cuts.