Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Knitting Update

Don't you love it when I don't post on time, and then I just slap up a bunch of pictures of knitting? You do? Excellent!

Kate's Scarf




What do you mean, "that doesn't look like a scarf"? Okay, okay, is this picture better?





Kate's Hat


Well, it's started, at least.



Some more scarf sections.


The Red/Yellow/Orange-ish one is knit in the Fibonacci Series. If that means anything to anyone. Not quite what I would have chosen, but that's what the scarf's owner asked us to do. That's the last scarf I had to work for Group 6 -- now I just have to keep up with the tracking, since I'm now the moderator of that group. (Our original moderator stepped down.) The purple and brown sections are the last 2 sections I had to do for Group 23. As soon as I get my scarf back, I'm done with that group, too. Things are winding down for me, in the scarf line. I think that's a good thing, overall.



These three are from Round 2 of Group 26 -- the group that went so well that we decided to start again. This time we're using plant fiber yarns -- mine are all bamboo at this point. We're also sticking to purple and/or green. This should be a much lighter scarf -- more fashion-scarf than warm-in-bad-weather-scarf. I don't usually wear fashion-scarves, but this one may be special enough to negate that.



Some progress has been made on Deb's scarf and my Bird in the Hand mittens, as well.





The red line on the back is where the thumb is going to be. And the shapeless blob of red on the back is the bird that will be "in [my] hand". You know, when I get done duplicate-stitching it in there.


And that's it for this week. I'll try to post on time, on Thursday.

1 comment:

Barb_in_GA said...

That hat/scarf combination is great! If it were cold enough here for such things, I'd want one for sure. Loving the bamboo yarn patterns -- and those mittens! Awesome!