Thursday, June 25, 2009

Question 3

3) How many published authors do I know (1-1 communication, not fan-based)?
a) None
b) One
c) Two
d) Three
e) Four

More knitting photos for filler! I know that I should have been working on the Rivendell socks, but for some reason (!) my stress levels have been rather high over the past few days. Since the Rivendell socks are important, and I don't want to ruin them, I have been working on kids socks for Warm Woolies, for their 6 for 6 project. So far I've completed 2 pairs and cast on for a third. I've started calling them Potato Chip Socks, since apparently I can't knit just one (pair). Please note that I'm not really a fast knitter, it's just that I'm not doing much else right now, and these are knitted with 2 strands of worsted weight yarn on 4.5mm needles, so they work up very quickly.

















In case anyone's interested, these are worked according to the Yarn Harlot's Sock Recipe (available in Knitting Rules), with some numbers (cast-on stitches, start for the heel turn) snitched from Kimberly Turnbow's Warm Woolies Socks (to save me from doing the math myself). The legs and the top of the feet are ribbed, so that the socks will fit a wider range of foot and leg widths well. Unfortunately, that also makes them look really narrow in the photos. Also, the brown yarn at the toes of the brighter pair is because I tied them before digging out my camera. Anyone who has ever had to match socks after doing a load of laundry will immediately understand why Warm Woolies asks that you tie your socks together in pairs before sending them.

The answer to Question 3 is ... tricky. When I wrote the question, I thought the answer was 2: Susan Greene and Rachel Herron, both of whom I met online and don't know terribly well or anything, but I do know them (and knew them before they were published, to boot). Two of my friends got this question right, according to my original answer. However, when my sister took the quiz, she pointed out that I actually know, or knew, three published authors, because I did know Karen Wynn Fonstad, who died about 4 years ago. Of course, that's just two/three at this point in time. I fully expect to know more just as soon as some friends connect with decent agents/publishers.

(These questions are coming from my "How well do you know Beccaie Jamieson?" quiz on Facebook. Thus far, the high scores are 35% among my friends, with my sister scoring 74%. I'm bringing the questions to my blog in the hopes that some more people will get to know me better.)

1 comment:

Pansy Makehay said...

LOL. I've got a map published in one of my friend's, the Cat House Lady's, book. Does that count for anything? :D

Yeah, we gots to get a few other people here published! :D