Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Knitting, Knitting, All the Time

I've made a bit of progress on the Pink Ribbon socks. I'd begun the ribbing, and that was dragging on forever. I'm not entirely sure which project got started, displacing the socks from their "main project" position, but displaced they were.



However, now they're back, and I'm very excited about them. I didn't bother doing a swatch, thinking that if they were too big (according to the pattern) that I'd just keep them for myself. As swollen as my legs and feet are these days, they're well off the sock charts. And yes, they are big. Perhaps even big enough to fit me. I think they might be. (I must be the loosest knitter in the world or something.) I'm shortening the leg significantly, both for comfort and to (hopefully) leave me enough yarn for both feet. Just over half of the ribbing that's called for in the pattern, and I'm only going to do 2 repeats of the ribbon pattern, instead of 4.



And I can always buy more yarn if I have to. It's a cotton/nylon/spandex blend (came in a kit), and I'm not exactly in love with it. I'm constantly afraid that I'll end up leaving this too loose or pull it too tightly. I'm using my new KnitPicks dpns though, and I love them.

No comments: