Sunday, August 3, 2008

Swap!

My spoilee got her package yesterday, and she liked it! Whew! I'd been kind of worried since it's my first swap. And since I'm, you know, me. I come from a long line of worriers. I've cut down a lot, but haven't been able to kick the habit yet. Is there a patch or anything?

Anyway, here's what I sent:

Yarn: Manos Silk Blend (very yummy)
and Knit Picks Bare (undyed) worsted






Three Ball Band Washcloths -- one for each of her kids










Two Mason-Dixon Washcloths for tdeane (Ravelry ID) herself. Or one for her and one for her SO, if she has one. They're tied up around bars of soap, with brown ribbon since that's her favorite color.











One of the M-D Washcloths spread out.









One of the soaps. This is handmade soap from the Gitchee Gumee Soap Company, located in Ashland, Wisconsin. Which is just south of Bayfield, home of the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore, the Seagull Bay Motel, and the future moot that I'm hosting, whenever I can pull it off. Yes, everyone will most likely be getting GG soaps in the Moot Bags that year. The scents are really great. This one smells like the shore, and there's one that really smells like the deep woods parts of an old forest. (Not the edges of the forest. You'd have to hike at least half a mile in to find the right scent.

It was suggested that we include something from our home area with our swap package, but there's nothing from around here that really speaks to me. However, the Wisconsin Northwoods are the home of my heart, so I decided that they count.

In case anyone's interested, this was Swap on a Budget, a Ravelry group. The moderators are great. There are angel plans if someone drops out, although I haven't heard of that happening yet this time around. (The official end date is August 29, and at least half of the people have received their packages already.) There are already plans for another round of swapping sometime this winter. Also, I like the budget part. I can manage $20 for one package. A lot of other swaps are beyond my means at the moment.

No comments: