Friday, August 8, 2008

A Butterfly and a __________


So, what is it? The butterfly is obvious, but even though I know it's an eye and some really dark lashes, it always looks like a caterpillar to me. A fuzzy little caterpillar just seems to belong better with the butterfly than an eyeball. Plus my own eyes are really twitchy, and I don't like to think of an eye just sitting there in an avatar, vulnerable to anything on the internet that wants to stab it. Add to that the fact that this avatar (Ravatar) is used at Ravelry, home of all kinds of knitting needles and crochet hooks, and someone with a too-vivid imagination could have a really hard time looking at it at all.

I really wish I could see the elephant trunk though. That sounds cool.


This blog entry is for a contest on Ravelry, in case any of my regular readers -- oh, who am I kidding? In case Wiz is confused, since she's the only one reading right now anyway. Hi Wiz!

6 comments:

Wiz ~ said...

LOL

Hi Beccaie!!!!

Molly M. said...

I read your blog, Beccaie. :)

Unknown said...

Just passing thru reading everyones stories about my Ravatar. I really wish I could see the elephants trunk too! I can sort of see the caterpillar, but only if I dont look too hard. :) I'm glad you entered the contest!

Beccaie said...

Hi Molly! And Angela!

THREE commenters? *swoon*

ArwensRose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ArwensRose said...

You have more readers than you think! But I understand sometimes it echoes when I type in blogland too! *waves*