Sunday, January 18, 2009

Swimming Against the Tide

Twilight. Whatever your personal feelings, many people have been bitten. I haven't read the books or seen the movie, but a large contingent of my friends are constantly revamping. Then again, there's another group of friends who don't like the books at all. I'm not going to get in the middle of a debate on the subject; I'm chosing a third options.

Lois McMaster Bujold. The Sharing Knife books. Buy them. Read them. I started the first book yesterday and stayed up all night, reading, no, devouring it. I'm currently about a third of the way through the second book and still going. I think I may sleep tonight, but it's quite likely that I'll just drop from exhaustion right on top of the poor book.

2 comments:

Barb_in_GA said...

My daughter is about to start reading Twilight. Bless her heart, she says that her friends aren't talking about anything else, and she needs to read them if she's going to hold any kind of conversation. She'd rather be reading manga, but no one does that...

As for me, I avoid any books that might make me think "Why can't my husband be like that?". I have enough problems as it is.

Wiz ~ said...

Beccaie - I have not read Twilight and I have no real intent to do so. After 40 years, I am still stuck on anything Tolkien, though I have read other authors.

Barb - I like your husband comment!!!