Saturday, January 31, 2009

Made It.

11:42 p.m. CST. The mittens have been done for about 1 hour and 38 minutes.



I've decided to do only one bird "in the hand." The pattern calls for a duplicate stitched bird on each palm, but I've discovered a few things while making these mittens, and the fact that I dislike duplicate stitch intensely is one of them. I'm calling it a design feature, a la the Yarn Harlot and Norma. (I'm sure others use that term, too, but those are the two that come to mind first.) But they're still done.

Of course, the mittens for NaKniMitMo weren't so lucky. Here's the left one.



You'll just have to imagine the right -- it doesn't exist at all yet.

2 comments:

Barb_in_GA said...

I like having only one bird. After all, it is "A bird in the hand...."

Love ya, Beccaie!

Wiz ~ said...

Love the mittens! Well done.