Monday, March 17, 2014

Have a Smartphone?

I don't. I have a prepaid cell, because at my current rate of pay ($0 per year, not including xmas and birthday gifts), I can't justify spending more than the ~$7.14 per month that I pay now.

HOWEVER, if YOU have a smartphone, have you heard about this app from UNICEF?


I was going to write a post this week about exactly what UNICEF does, since I can't be the only one who doesn't know precisely. In the process of gathering information for that, I found this app. It donates money to UNICEF to provide clean water to kids for every 10 minutes that you don't use your phone. Apparently Giorgio Armani Fragrances really hate it when people are on their phones in restaurants? Or the bus? Or something like that.

Anyway, it sounds like a fairly painless way to do some good. Check it out?

And if you've forgotten why I'm talking about UNICEF, or if you missed my last blog post, I'm raising money for UNICEF doing the Live Below the Line challenge this year. You can sponsor me (or just find out more about it) here. The site accepts donations through the end of May.

(Deenie's page is here. She's much closer to her fundraising goal than I am.)

No comments: