Friday, November 14, 2008

Spoiled Again!

It's happened again -- I got my package from Colleen (cgamroth on Ravelry) for the SOAB Round 3 swap! Check out my haul!



Everything, including the Butterfingers (disappearing as I type), Twix (which are being hoarded for late-night NaNoing), and two recipes – one for Sausage Fondue and one for Christmas Mix (a Chex mix kind of thing, but better).


The yarny stuff: 2 skeins of Noro Kureyon in gorgeous colors, a sturdy needle gauge (to replace the flimsy and now bent one I’ve been using), lovely stitch markers in a padded tin, and a lavender sachet that takes me right back to the Lavender Festival in Sequim, WA. It’s so powerful that I could smell the lavender before I opened the box, much less the plastic bag it was in. Lovely! (Also, excellent stalking, since it was quite a while ago that I mentioned liking lavender.)



The other stuff: 4 “B” notepads, one with a tiny pen included; 2 magnetic bookmarks, 1 postcard of Mt. Ranier, and the outside of the padded tin containing the stitch markers.



A close-up of the stitch markers. The observant among you will notice that I have lost a stitch marker between the first and last pictures. (Colleen was so smart to give me a lidded tin for them!) When switching the layouts between pictures, I managed to spill the stitch markers and one is now behind my computer desk. I’ll get it back just as soon as I can, I promise.

I just love swaps!

4 comments:

Barb_in_GA said...

Wow, what a haul! Colleen sure must be a nice person. Hope I run into her on Ravelry.

Wiz ~ said...

Wonderful stuff!! Have fun with it.

ArwensRose said...

Woohoo! And reminds you of the Lavender Festival to boot!

Beccaie said...

AR, that lavender festival was the best festival I have _ever_ been to. I probably drag it into a conversation at least 5 times a year -- which doesn't sound like much until you count up and realize that it was part of 1 day, over 4 years ago.