Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Breaking News

I got into the Health Information Technology program!!! (That's a fancy way of saying medical billing & coding, for the uninitiated. They've even eliminated the medical transcription part of the program, which was the most interesting to me. Oh well.) The application packet warned that the acceptance letters would probably not go out until August, but mine got here today. Whew! It's not a paying job, but now I have an answer to the "Should I give up and get a full-time job, or hope that I'm actually accepted and aim for a part-time gig that's flexible enough to accomodate changing student schedules?" dilemma that I've been tying my intestines in knots over for the past couple of weeks. Whew! Again.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go collapse into a puddle of relieved goo in the middle of the hallway. (I'd collapse in a corner, but then I'd have to vacuum first. Or risk reconstituting with loads of dust bunnies involved.)

1 comment:

Pansy Makehay said...

Oh, Yay!!!!! I'm so glad you were accepted. PHoo on them canceling the transcription program. I have several friends who work in the field. I wonder if there are some online classes you could take? :)
Pansy