Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Question 7

7) What Facebook app do I play most?
a) Farm Town
b) myFarm
c) (Lil) Green Patch
d) Send Good Karma
e) Castle Age

Photo Filler for the Week: Warm Woolies Mystery Knitalong 3 (WW MKAL3). Sweater is shown at the end of Clue 4. (I'm working on the sleeves now.)



I have also almost finished one sleeve of the WW MKAL2 sweater, although I don't have a photo yet. I had actually worked the entire sleeve through the ribbing and cast-off, but when I put the sweater pieces together, I saw that the sleeve was definitely too short. So I've ripped back the 3 inches of ribbing and I'll lengthen it. I've had bad luck with the measurements on this sweater, and I'm a little concerned that the neck is too wide for Warm Woolies, but it's a nice pattern. I may try to add a collar or something, although I'm not sure quite how I'd do that. We'll see.

Also, last week I joined a challenge that ends this Saturday, and I set my goal as finishing these 2 sweaters and working through Clue 1 of the WW MKAL1 sweater (or a pair of socks for the 10 for 10 (scroll down), but I think the sweater will be easier). My mom's been off a lot lately (7 days out of the last 9), so I don't know if I'll make it, but there's still a chance.

In non-knitting news ... I'm not sure if there is any non-knitting news. Hmmm.
  • I got a phone call today about a potential job at a dealership up in Schaumburg. I'm not sure if I really want to commute so far again, and I don't yet know if it's part-time or full-time, but at least it's a potential.
  • I haven't heard anything yet about my permit to register for my HIT class, which I was supposed to have received by now. And the program director hasn't responded to my e-mail either. Fun!
  • I have been completely eaten by novel-snips and fanfics from a not-yet-published author. Sadly, this means that I can't share the novel-snips with you. The fanfics and 4 original fic snips are linked on her blog. I keep staying up waaayy too late, rereading her stuff. She's very good. (Seriously, the last time I complusively reread stuff like this was when I discovered Lois McMaster Bujold's The Sharing Knife series.)
  • In an odd bit of ... recurring theme? cycles in life? something like that. Anyway, as I've become less involved with most aspects of the Shieldmaidens, I've been getting more active (truly! "More" is a relative term.) with Sporkers. (ie. the author in the previous bullet point is a Sporker.) And this summer, a number of the Sporkers have started Walking to Rivendell. So far as I know, I'm the only crossover between the two groups. And I've never even made it to the Stock Road.
Answer to Question 7: Obviously this isn't a terribly important question. However, as the quiz was made on Facebook, it seemed like decent filler. I play all of the listed apps, but Castle Age is my favorite.

(These questions are coming from my "How well do you know Beccaie Jamieson?" quiz on Facebook. Thus far, the high scores are 35% among my friends, with my sister scoring 74%. I'm bringing the questions to my blog in the hopes that some more people will get to know me better.)

2 comments:

Barb_in_GA said...

Great sweater -- hope you get time to finish. Or not, if that means that the job in Schaumberg is worth the trip. Looked over your Sporker friend's blog -- sounds like my kind of people. I've bookmarked her to read some of her fiction when life slows to a dull roar.

Heading to NJ next week, sadly not by way of Chicago. Thinking of you!

KD Sarge said...

aww, thanks for the link and comments!

You should totally join us on the way to Rivendell. You can bring your miles over!