Thursday, July 16, 2009

Question 6

6) If forced to choose, would I ... for the rest of my life?
a) Read only books I haven't read yet
b) Read only books I have already read

Remember that sweater I started last week? Well, this isn't a current photo (because Clue 4 came out late last night, and I've started working on that now), but as of yesterday morning, this is what it looked like:




It may be hard to tell, but the entire body of the sweater (waist to arms) is knitted, and the back of the yoke is knitted. Half of the front of the yoke is also knitted. Clue 4 contains instructions for the rest of the front yoke and the collar. I hope to have it completed by morning at the latest.

I haven't made much progress on the bag I started last week, but that's because I was focusing on catching up with the clues for the sweater, since I started the knitalong 6 days late. I don't really expect to get very far on the bag this week, either, as I (perhaps foolishly) posted a challenge goal of finishing this sweater, the sweater from the previous (second) knitalong, and Clue 1 of the sweater from the first knitalong by July 25. Luckily the second sweater is at least 69% of the way done already. However, I think I'll be exclusively focused on sweater knitting for at least the next week and a half.

Edited to Add: OH! I almost forgot to post a picture of the completed Rivendell socks.




Answer to Question 6:

b) Read only books I have already read. I know that I'd miss out on some good, new books this way, but I simply cannot imagine never being able to reread my favorites again.

(These questions are coming from my "How well do you know Beccaie Jamieson?" quiz on Facebook. Thus far, the high scores are 35% among my friends, with my sister scoring 74%. I'm bringing the questions to my blog in the hopes that some more people will get to know me better.)

3 comments:

Pansy Makehay said...

I love my socks...They are SOSOOOOOO smooth and comfy! That alpaca yarn is amazing! :)

So, what size is the sweater? Do you even care? It's a great color and I love that pattern on it. What's that called. It makes me think of the popcorn stitch...

Yeah, if I couldn't reread Lois or C.J.s books, I'd be sad...but if I couldn't read their newest stuff, I'd be mad. So I'm not going there with this question! LOL.
Pansy

Beccaie said...

I know! That alpaca was a treat to work with, let me tell you.

The sweater is a child's 10-12. Meaning that I'm working the pattern for the size 10, but my gauge is a little off, so it's slightly bigger. The stitch pattern is Diamond Seed Brocade, although it's a pretty basic pattern, so it likely has a few more names as well.

I'd particularly miss Laurie R. King's next book, since her last one ended with "To be continued." Plus all the books that my writer friends haven't gotten published yet.

KD Sarge said...

uhh...can I give up TV instead??