Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Question 4

4) What is my religion?
a) Lutheran
b) Christian (no specific demonimation)
c) Pagan
d) Eclectic Wicca
e) Gods only know.


Photo Filler: Do you recognize this photo?



I bet you don't. You just think you do. Know how I know? Because -- Ta-Da:



That's right -- the first photo is of the second toe, just completed. Yeah, yeah, it looks like the first toe. It's a pair of socks; that's the point! I have finally completed the Rivendell socks! Woohoo!

Okay, technically they're not quite completed, because I still need to weave in the ends (4 total) and block the socks. But the actual making is done! Woohoo again! (Yes, I may be just a bit excited about this. So sue me.) And ... AND! It took me less than a year to complete them. Not much less than a year, true, but still less than a year. For me and fancy, grown-up socks, it turns out that's about all you can hope for.

Answers to Question 4:
This one really needs to be taken by the process of elimination. Lutheran? Nope! Raised Lutheran, yes, but that is emphatically Not what I am anymore. Generic Christian? Tried that, didn't take. Eclectic Wicca? Ditto. Pagan? This comes closest, but given that I couldn't even tell you which pantheon(s) I would focus on if I somehow found the energy, I can't really claim it either. That leaves "Gods only know." And they may. Or not.

I feel like I should explain a little what I do believe, but I have trouble pinning it down. Basically, I believe there are many gods. (You might consider them powers or forces, ie. nature/portions of nature.) However, I don't believe in an afterlife, so I'm not too worried about pissing them off by not worshiping as they decree, if they decree. 'Nuf said? Good.

Now wish me luck. I have to back to the campus and register in person for the first of the HIT series of classes. Maybe the parking will be more reasonable this time? And none of the offices will have moved? I can only hope.

(These questions are coming from my "How well do you know Beccaie Jamieson?" quiz on Facebook. Thus far, the high scores are 35% among my friends, with my sister scoring 74%. I'm bringing the questions to my blog in the hopes that some more people will get to know me better.)

1 comment:

Pansy Makehay said...

Yeehaw! I've already got some fabric that will go nicely with the socks, but I have to figure out a design...Elven of course. Do I look like an Elf? LOL.

I have a back story about how I could be an elf and look like I do. Did I ever tell you that? :)